27th November 2020
Crane Authentication™ – Increased Brand Protection with Micro-Optic Security
Simple to Authenticate – Difficult to Replicate
Crane Currency today expands its line of business with Crane Authentication™, an advanced brand protection for commercial applications that builds on the unique micro-optic security features found on banknotes all around the world. Crane Authentication brings the highest levels of security to brand owners and product manufacturers by being easy to use yet virtually impossible to replicate.
“Our technology already protects hundreds of millions of branded products every year. The introduction of Crane Authentication marks a new strategic focus to expand our business and increase the use of 3D security labels on even more high-value products and brands,” says Tod Niedeck, Corporate Marketing Director, Crane Currency.
With over 15 years of research and development in advanced micro-optics technology, Crane Authentication promotes the highest confidence in a product’s authenticity, with seamless and intuitive authentication.
Highly engaging 3D effects with unsurpassed depth and movement enhance shelf appeal using a paper-thin feature that integrates with the product or packaging.
The visual effects are expansive and uniquely able to deliver independent movement across multiple axes of rotation in all lighting conditions. Covert features, verifiable by trained professionals in the field or in the lab, are easily incorporated.
Extraordinarily Resilient To Counterfeiting
Crane Currency’s core micro-optic technology is today used to protect some of the world’s most valuable banknotes and has been proven resistant to the highest forms of counterfeiting attacks for over a decade. Even the most sophisticated counterfeiters in the world have failed to effectively simulate these micro-optic features.
The technology is developed by a dedicated team of experienced micro-optic designers, wielding the powerful in-house software and complex mathematical algorithms to generate the most secure and engaging security features.
The advanced micro-optics can be combined with conventional security features, including security inks, forensic taggants, and track-and-trace. The label construction is also offered in a heat-disruptable material to prevent harvesting.
Facts about Crane Authentication
- Easy to Use Authentication
- Customized designs enhance both security and brand
- Superior 3D effects with unsurpassed detail and depth
- Independent movement across multiple axes of tilt
- Covert security revealed at 10x to 150x magnification
- Solution Oriented
- Highly compatible with traditional brand protection features
- Supports security inks, track-and-track and taggants
- Available with heat-disruptable and tamper-evident constructions
- Extraordinarily Resilient to Counterfeiting
- Core technology proven for over 15 years and in over 150 high-value banknotes around the world
- Precision micro-optic lenses the diameter of a human hair
- Ultra-micro print beyond the resolution of traditional printing*
- Proprietary design software, raw materials, equipment and production processes
- Secure Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Rigorous quality controls built into entire design and manufacturing process
- Secure facilities and distribution regularly audited by government and commercial customers
* The entire 7-volume series of Harry Potter could be printed on a human thumbnail, twice!