ENGAGING VISUAL EFFECTS
Trust in banknotes is generally high among the public and with this trust comes a low motivation to authenticate them. A banknote should therefore communicate clear challenges to the would-be counterfeiter – intuitive and obvious elements that are easy to check and extremely difficult to simulate. A banknote using MOTION SURFACE is easily authenticated with just a glance.
• A “water droplet” seems to rest on the surface of the banknote
• Transparent “objects” appear to bend and distort light
• Three dimensionality rewards viewers with changes of size and acceleration
• Shading adds further dimensionality and mood
• Scientifically proven to be easy to authenticate at a glance
• High contrast movement along easy to follow pathways make authentication easy and create dynamic designs
• Objects seem to be below the surface of the banknote
• Combines well with other effects
• Highly controlled switch between “on and off”
• Allows highly detailed imagery such as engraved portraits
Creating a banknote with MOTION SURFACE security features is a process of collaboration. The creative opportunities are endless, providing completely new ways to communicate cultural stories and build public trust. The Crane Currency Design Team is prepared to work with banknote producers and issuers to best leverage the potential of MOTION SURFACE.